Outfit your Mercedes-Benz with a rear seat entertainment system that will keep the rear seat passengers occupied. No more will you hear "Are we there yet?"
Collection Autosports offers two different systems for your needs, from iPads to dual DVD systems. Each system has their pros and cons. The DVD players are always "married" to the vehicle and are not removable where the iPads can be used for work, school, and entertainment anywhere! The main limitation of the iPad is that it cannot have an external source input to it such as the DVD video from the front COMAND radio. You will need to download it from your computer or the cloud.
Unlike the Mercedes-Benz video system, Collection Autosports' video integration does not need the prewire installation to integrate the different systems.
Dual DVD system
- Replacement color matched headrests
- LED back lit LCD screen
- Integrated DVD Player in each headrest
- Wireless headphones
- Remote control
- USB input
- A/V input
- A/V output
- Integrates with iPad, iPhone, iPod, and iTouch
- Playback Netflix from iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, or iPad2
- 4 year/ 50,000 mile warranty
- Play the audio through your factory stereo
$1950 Professionally Integrated
- Stream video from the COMAND to the rear seat DVD players and from the rear seat DVD player into the COMAND depending on the vehicle. $150 parts and labor. Contact us to see if your vehicle qualifies for this option.
- Third row DVD headrest integration. $1950 professionally integrated. Please note that special care is needed when entering and exiting the third row seats as the headrests do not come out of the seat or fold out of the way.
- Video in Motion for the front COMAND system. Allows the front COMAND to display the DVD Video or Video AUX source while the vehicle is in motion. $350 professionally integrated most vehicles.
New for 2013 ML and GL Class Vehicles
New for the 2013 ML and GL platforms is the new integrated rear seat entertainment (RSE) system with dual DVD headrests and an iDevice interface.
The new RSE system comes complete with dual 7" LED back-lit displays with integrated DVD players in a factory matched headrest replacing the vehicles current headrest for a more integrated look. Further, a pair of remote controls and wireless headphones are included.
When integrated into the vehicle, each headrest has the ability to play a separate source opposite the other headrest or it can have the same video playing on each of the headrests. A front panel aux A/V jack and USB input allow you to view other sources easily and conveniently.
Each of the Collection Autosports RSE systems come with an iDevice integrated during the installation. What is an iDevice? The iDevice allows you to play videos and Netflix from your iWhatever source. This makes it convenient on the long trips to diversify your options.
Unlike other entertainment systems out there being installed after sales, our systems mirror the factory warranty.
An advantage of Collection Autosports integrating your RSE system is our ability to interface the COMAND's DVD feature into the headrest when the vehicle is prewired for RSE. What does that mean? Load a DVD in the front COMAND, select it as a source for the rear seat and you now have the ability to stream the front factory DVD player to the rear screens while you have another source playing throughout the vehicle. We do not charge extra for this feat, it is included in the installed price of the kit.
This feature makes it convenient for moms with smaller children that aren't old enough to operate the system, as playback can be initiated from the front COMAND via the COMAND controller or voice control with the steering wheel push-button.
View our image gallery for more photos of the installation : CLICK HERE
- Dual DVD headrests
- Dual wireless headphones
- Two remote controls
- Minimum 4yr/50,000 mile warranty
- iDevice connectivity
- Multiple AV inputs
- USB input
- A/V input to the COMAND
- Integrated to the factory COMAND's Video out*
- Meets all government safety standards
PROFESSIONALLY INTEGRATED $1950
- 2 headrest mount iPad brackets
- 2 16GB Apple iPads
- 2.1 amp charging wired into the seat for each iPad
- 4G cellular wireless modem allows you to hook up to 5 devices to the internet. Subscription required. No contract is required, no activation charges, plans start as little as $49/month
- 2 wireless headphones
- 1 year parts warranty
- iPads have no warranty unless an accidental damage plan is purchased when being integrated to the vehicle. Accidental damage plans cover repair only.
$2599 $2499* Professionally Integrated
*Save $100 on the older mounts
- Mercedes-Benz Media Interface Plus $499 installed and setup with the iPads allowing you to stream the iPad audio to the front COMAND radio/NAV. Not required for the new 2013 ML/GL
- Optional 1 and 2 year accidental tablet damage plans. $129/$239 respectively
Already have your iPads? integrate them like the above system for $1599 $1499*. If you chose not to use the wireless cellular modem the system will cost $1299 $1199* professionally integrated.
Note: There is absolutely no way to add a video input from the COMAND DVD player to the iPads. However, with a composite A/V cable you can output a video to the COMAND from the iPad. When outputting video it will turn the iPad into a remote control and will not project a mirror image of the iPad video on both units (cable extra)
New for 2013 iPad Integration
Finally after enough complaining and suggestions we finally have a kit that incorporates all of our desires. The new 2013 iPad kit incorporates a secure mount for the iPad so it won't accidentally fall out of the holder, a better charging system, and wireless headphones. The new adjustable angle mount allows the iPad to be tilted up to 30 degrees allowing the perfect viewing angle to be achieved.
- Easily docks and undocks to the seatback by a Quick Connect attachment mechanism
- Universal Seatback Dock can be installed on driver or passenger side
- Six depth settings to allow proper fitting to the seat depending on the size of the headrest
- Adjustable tilt (up or down)
- Protective case
- Charges the iPad when the vehicle is powered on
- Built-in infrared (IR) headphone transmitter
- Two wireless dual channel headphones included
Will work with other vehicle types
View More info Here